Moss Park Cadets plant wildflowers
FRW needs and appreciates your volunteer support.
Volunteers meet people, have fun and help the environment.
Volunteers improve their skills and employment opportunities.
Volunteers protect and restore valuable habitat.
Please contact FRW's Volunteer Coordinator at (416) 208-0252.
- Restore – plant wildflowers and trees, place rodent guards and mulch around trees;
- Seed – collect, clean, store and plant native tree and wildflower seeds;
- Create – build, erect and monitor bird boxes, raptor posts, habitat structures, trails;
- Monitor – monitor birds, mammals, amphibians, water quality, etc and take photographs;
- Protect – attend meetings and provide feedback on key issues to promote environmental protection;
- Fundraise – assist FRW staff with the implementation of fund raising activities;
- Outreach – take displays to community events to promote awareness, support and involvement;
- Events – assist with event coordination, hospitality, food, first aid, displays and parking;
- Administer – assist with filing, photocopying, updating databases, phoning, faxing, Emailing;
- Research – gather and organize information for presentation;
- Record – create a media file on newspaper, magazine, and video clips about the Rouge;
- Communicate – help create, maintain and present multi-media communication tools on key issues;