Toyota Truck with trailer about to be
loaded with spruce trees.
Toronto Works helps FRW to restore
borow-pit by creating wetlands,
ponds and nature trails
Toronto Zoo Loader helps FRW spread sand
around wetlands and ponds for plantings.
Unilever Canada supports FRW plantings
with funding and volunteers.
By donating in-kind goods and services, you can help FRW to protect and enhance the Rouge Park. For example, Toyota Canada generously provides an excellent T100 pick-up truck for moving trees, supplies and people.
Below please find a list of other in-kind supplies and services needed for our restoration work:
- a reliable heavy duty (one ton+) truck to carry a 3,000 pound watering tank;
- a heavy duty trailer with a hydraulic dump to move mulch, logs, trees and supplies.
- a skid steer loader to move mulch, logs and rocks;
- a 4x4 backhoe loader to dig frog ponds and wetands;
- a tractor with plow and roto-tiller for preparing planting sites;
- a D5 bulldozer to create wetlands and prepare planting sites and trails;
- a large tracked excavator to help create wetland and pond areas.
Topsoil and Sand
- clean sand fill and sandy topsoil to prepare the Beare Landfill for plantings
Computers and Peripherals
- a modern laptop computer with Powerpoint presentation capability;
- a modern multi-media projector for visual presentations to schools; and
- two Pentium IV computers and two energy efficient TFT monitors.
Clothing and Supplies
- workboots, gloves, rugged workpants, hats, high-quality sunglasses;
- rubber boots, chest-waders or hip-waders, rain gear and cold season parka;
- heavy duty shovels, light chainsaw, heavy duty wheel barrows.
Photography and Photocopying Supplies
- print and slide film, film processing services and a digital camera;
- black and white and colour photocopying services.
Your Support is appreciated!
Please contact us with any inquiries regarding in-kind support or sponsorship.
Friends of the Rouge Watershed Inc.
Tel: 416- 208-0252 or 416-431-4556